- New Orleans attorney Jeff Richardson, a.k.a. iPhoneJD posted, what I will call, an in depth overview of TrialPad – the must have litigation app for the iPad. TrialPad was recently updated with new features and to take advantage of the iPad Pro’s screen size.
- Southern California attorney David Sparks, a.k.a MacSparky has published another of his field guides. This one takes on Mac utility Hazel. The Hazel Video Field Guide is $19.99 for the 2.5 hour video. He offers a 30 minute free trial.
- Rockville, Maryland attorney Neil Tyra, a.k.a. The Law Entrepreneur, interviews Tom Lambotte of Global Mac IT in Episode 16 of his podcast, The Law Entrepreneur. They discuss why firms with 4 or more workers (attorneys and staff) should outsource their IT services.
- A self described “list of … companies changing the way legal is done” has been created. The list is searchable and divided into 6 categories: Marketplace, Document Automation, Practice Management, Legal Research, Legal Education, and Online Dispute Resolution. Currently there are 539 companies listed.
- What Lawyers Should Know About Cloud Computing Standards A new episode of the Legal Talk Network. The hosts are joined by practice management CEOs Larry Port (Rocker Matter) and Jack Newton (Clio), who discuss the reasons you should care about cloud computing security.
- Sam Glover of The Lawyerist website and podcast writes about How to Securely Wipe your Hard Drive using DBAN – Darik’s Boot and Nuke – a free and open source program.
- From Tech Dirt – A Federal Judge rules that the Wayback Machine is a legitimate source of evidence.
- Apparently MILOfest, the Mac Lovin’ Lawyer’s Conference, is being renamed “Mac Track Legal” by the event’s founder Victor Medina. Check out the potential new logos and vote for your favorite by clicking on the link in the tweet, below. Mac Track Legal (website in development) will be held at the Walt Disney Resort in Florida on October 6-8, 2016.There has been no formal announcement at the conference’s website, but Victor recently tweeted:
— victormedina (@victormedina) May 10, 2016